Hiring: Expert Nation RA (100 hrs)
The RA will be required to work with primary sources to add vital details to the evolving national database. The successful applicant will receive mentoring and be instructed in the use of the Heurist database system.
The Expert Nation ARC Discovery Project is collecting biographical data from the 1920s and 1930s on university men and women who served in World War I and returned to Australia. The project is led by a team of CIs including Tamson Pietsch (UTS), Julia Horne and Stephen Garton (USyd),Kate Darian-Smith (UTas) and James Waghorne (UMelb) with a project team based at UTS. The website and the database can be viewed here Expertnation.org
- initially 100 hrs of research and data entry work (this may increase)
- based at UTS Broadway on Fridays.
- Rate of pay will be between $43 (HEW L4) and $50(HEW L5) per hour depending on qualifications.
The work would suit an honours or Phd student based in Sydney.
Some experience in historical research and/or an interest in the study of World War I would be an advantage, but is not necessary.
Applicants should register their interest by sending the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- letter of application, confirming ability to work Fridays at UTS Broadway
- name and contact details of one referee (eg. supervisor or lecturer)
For more information contact email@example.com